Monday, October 11, 2004

Introducing myself

This is Sean from Doc in the Box, might as well give a little intro about myself for those that haven't read my other blog. I originally joined the Navy in 91, missing the entire first gulf war while at school. Stationed at El Toro Marine Corps Air Station with VMFA (AW)-242 an F/A 18 squadron. Did two 6 month unit deployments with them. With them I went to Iwakuni Japan, Okinawa, Darwin Australia, Guam, Wake Island and Hawaii. Then a 4 year stint at the beautiful Naval Weapons Station China Lake (blah). One good thing about that place they had this thing called flex Fridays where you got every other Friday off. Can’t think of any others. Got out of the Navy in 99 to pursue a different career field, was out for 3 years in school and did something totally different from medicine. I'm one of those that came back in because of 9/11. Figured my skills could better used here. So I'm doing my little bit, saving lives when I can, making sure my guys stay healthy and keeping the families in touch with their loved ones. Blogging gives the rest of the world a snapshot of my mundane life (most days). I also run a photo blog that I started just to share my pictures and adventures which became a nice lifeline for the families of my guys. I look forward to adding my voice to the medical folk we have already gathered here.

1 Comments:

At 11:40 PM, Blogger Tragic_Saturn said...

You've been to all those places! Australia, Japan, and Hawaii. Hmf! I'm so jealous. I've been in the vicinity of China Lake-- close to Ridgecrest right? Ridgecrest is where my friends and I stay on our way to Death Valley.

After I read this post I was thinking why does China Lake sound familiar? Then I remembered that South China Lake Blvd is one of the main drags through town.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home